OpenAI announces a new partnership and new features to address user complaints
Plus Microsoft Microsoft's annual ‘Future of Work’ report is here
📰 News: OpenAI announces a new partnership to ensure ‘Family-Friendly’ AI, along with updates to embedded models, and a new feature to integrate multiple GPT bots into a single chat + Microsoft's annual ‘Future of Work’ report
💰 Funding: YCombinator and ElevenLabs back Wondercraft to develop it’s AI Audio Studio for Creators
⚡️ Top News Stories:
1. OpenAI partners with Common Sense Media to develop AI guidelines, focusing on safe and responsible use for young users
The collaboration aims to develop AI guidelines and educational materials for parents, educators, and young adults.
They will work together to curate "family-friendly" GPTs in the GPT Store, based on Common Sense's rating standards.
Common Sense Media's framework, launched in September, assesses the safety, transparency, ethical use, and impact of AI products.
The framework aims to produce a "nutrition label" for AI-powered apps, highlighting potential opportunities and harms.
2. OpenAI launches advanced embedding models, offering more efficient and capable AI systems with improved understanding
3. OpenAI introduces a new 'GPT mentions' feature in ChatGPT, allowing users to tag and integrate multiple custom bots into conversations.
4. Microsoft releases its annual ‘Future of Work’ report, which focuses on the impact of AI on work, how enterprises feel about using Copilot, and suggests instead of asking “How will AI affect work?” the question should be “How do we want AI to affect work?”
5. The White House is using the Defense Production Act to require that the major tech companies inform the Commerce Department when they start training high-powered AI algorithms, also requiring them to provide info on the safety testing being done on the models they create.
6. The U.S. Copyright Office is grappling w/ how to address the complex legal challenges posed by AI, as centuries-old copyright laws are getting tested by tech giants.
7. As a result of fake explicit AI images of Taylor Swift spreading on the X platform, The White House has called for legislation to protect individuals from fake sexual images generated by AI.
8. Apple's upcoming iOS 18 software update is anticipated to be one of the biggest in the company's history, w/ a heavy emphasis on new AI features to improve Siri and other native apps.
9. A leaked demo of "Google Assistant with Bard" reveals new capabilities, such as providing detailed tips and YouTube videos based on uploaded photos.
10. Arc browser gets a new iOS app, Arc Search, which combines a browser, search engine, and AI into a single platform, to offer a unique approach to web searches.
11. The Mayo Clinic appoints its first Chief Artificial Intelligence Officer, a role created to coordinate AI efforts across the hospital, as the trend of appointing AI executives is spreading across various sectors.
12. Prophetic introduces Morpheus-1, the world's first ‘multimodal generative ultrasonic transformer’ for exploring human consciousness through lucid dreams. It uses ML, EEG data, and ultrasound waves to detect REM sleep and enable users to control their dream states
💰 Top Funding News:
2. Sierra, an enterprise-focused AI startup co-founded by Bret Taylor, Chairman of OpenAI, is close to finalizing an $85M investment led by Sequoia Capital.
4. Sema4.ai, which is building intelligent agents that transform how knowledge workers collaborate with AI, raises $30M+ to acquire Robocorp, a pioneer in open source "automation as code”, backed by the support of marquee investors like Benchmark and Mayfield.
5. Proof Technology, an AI-powered service that analyzes legal documents to capture necessary information and identify the best-positioned process server, raised a $30.4M Series B, led by Long Ridge Equity Partners, w/ Blue Heron Capital and The LegalTech Fund.
6. Chef Robotics, which focuses on automating food assembly in commercial kitchens, raised a $14.75M combo equity/debt round from MaC Venture Capital, MFV Partners, Interwoven Ventures, and Alumni Ventures, along w. Construct Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Promus Ventures, and Red and Blue Ventures.
8. Wondercraft, an AI audio content pioneer that has developed an Audio Studio for Creators platform, raised a $3M Seed round, led by Will Ventures and backed by Y Combinator, ElevenLabs, Steven Bartlett, and other Angels.